I’m not going to lie to you guys. This recipe was created by complete accident. I was actually attempting to make a bowl of healthy cookie dough that I could stuff my face with without feeling too guilty. Let’s just say that the cookie dough wasn’t meant to be spooned, and the texture wasn’t smooth enough to be cookie dough. What I created tasted more similar to Lara Bars than cookie dough, and so, these mini bars were born!
Guys, I am SO FRIGGIN EXCITED to share this Lara Bar recipe with y’all.
- ¼ cup almond meal
- ½ cup raw cashews (boiled for 20 minutes and then drained)
- ½ cup roasted hazelnuts
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil melted
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4-5 dates
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter or almond butter
- Boil the cashews in water for 20 minutes and then drain the water.
- In a food processor, add the roasted hazelnuts and process them until they are fine like the almond meal. Pour them out into a bowl. Add the dates and process them until they're smooth. Add the almond meal, cashews, hazelnuts, salt, coconut oil, and nut butter. Blend until everything is smooth and evenly mixed. You may need to use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides several times.
- Add the chocolate chips and process it for several seconds.
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper. Scrape the Lara Bar mixture into the baking pan. Spread it onto the pan and try to flatten it as evenly as possible.
- Place it in the fridge for several hours.
- Remove it from the fridge. Use the parchment paper to lift it out of the pan. Slice them into bars and then enjoy!
Perfect, naturally sweetened, wholesome ingredients in a delicious granola bar. These mini bars are ideal snacks for when you’re feeling a little hungry before a meal, but don’t want to ruin your appetite. They’re also ideal to eat as pre-workout snacks!
Tuesday is almost over! This post took me way too long to write. Blame my sister and Once Upon a Time for being such distractions. I hope this post made some sort of sense to all of you and I hope you try making these mock Lara bars too! Stay happy and healthy, y’all.