Crispy thin crust, gooey cheese, and the earthy scent of truffle oil are the elements of a perfect pizza. When these pizzas take about 20 minutes to complete, they’re quite difficult to resist. I’m willing to burn my fingertips, the roof of my mouth, and tongue for a bite of a slice fresh out of the oven.
Bake up a few to entertain guests. Bake one up for dinner if you’re short on time. Bake up some pizzas just for the heck of it and eat up on some delicious, cheesy pizza pies! What I love most about baking my own pizzas is that I have control over everything that I put onto them. Ingredients are adjustable and more cheese can always be added.
Although pizza isn’t naturally a healthy food, eaten once in a while and baked in my own oven definitely makes it considerably healthier. Remember, life is about balance, and so yes, if pizza makes you happy, it’s okay to make some and eat some. Just as long as everything is in moderation.
For this pizza, I used Trader Joe’s original pizza dough (found in their fridge section by the cheeses). Follow the directions on the package for the dough.
Oil the pan before stretching the dough over the baking sheet. I try to make it as thin as possible without tearing any holes into it.
Add as much cheese as you’d like and top with mushrooms!
- 4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (and more for the pan)
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 pizza dough
- 1½ cups parmesan cheese (add more if desired)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (add more if desired)
- 2-3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons truffle oil
- Preheat oven 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Set pizza dough in a floured bowl and allow it to rise for 20-30 minutes. Brush the baking sheet with olive oil. spread the dough over the baking sheet and stretch it thinly across (the thinner it is, the crispier it will be).
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil and minced garlic together.
- Brush the top of the dough with the olive oil and garlic mixture so that it is coated.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese and then the mozzarella cheese over the pizza before topping it with the mushrooms.
- Bake the pizza for 8-10 minutes. Then take the pizza off the baking sheet and shimmy it onto the oven's wire rack. Turn off the oven and allow it to stay in the oven for another 5 minutes (keep an eye on the pizza to make sure it doesn't burn). This will help the pizza's crust crisp.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and then drizzle truffle oil over it.
The pizza comes out with the cheese nice and golden brown.
Seriously worth every mouthwatering bite. Mushrooms and truffle oil are the perfect combination. Add them on top of pizza and you’ve got yourself a mouthful of delicious, delicious FLAVOR. This pizza does well as a left over and heats up well on a pan over low heat. The pan definitely creates a crispy crust for the pizza.
Happy Thursday and stay happy and healthy, y’all! On a personal note, I will officially find out who my students are tomorrow. Whoo hoo! I’m so excited for this year…oh, and nervous, yes, I definitely have the first day jitters. Good night!