All right, so I’ve decided that I will post more consistently and not during whatever dates I feel like posting. Sundays, Thursdays, and Mondays will be my blog days…let’s hope I can stick with that schedule! I might post more often than that during the week, but my goal is to hit at least those three days.
Anyhow, you might be wondering why this is an egg pizza sandwich. Well, it has tomatoes and cheese. Pizza generally has tomatoes and cheese. This automatically makes it a pizza sandwich since it fits the what makes a pizza a pizza criteria. Don’t question my logic.
Anyways, this weekend my mom had boiled a ton of eggs and I woke up not wanting to eat only a boiled egg for breakfast. I also wanted to add more color to my breakfast, and so I grabbed some spinach, a roma tomato, and some parmesan cheese. The more color you have in your meals, the healthier they are! It generally means you’re getting a larger variety of vitamins and minerals. Tomatoes provide vitamin A, spinach is a green leafy veggie which means that it has iron, fiber, vitamin K, etc., eggs (protein, iron), cheese (calcium, vitamin B, etc.), whole wheat bread (fiber, protein, etc.) So yes, if you don’t know what to eat for breakfast or lunch, whip up this! It’s so easy and flexible to make.
- 1 hard boiled egg (sliced)
- 1/2 roma tomato (sliced)
- Handful of spinach
- 1/8 cup of shredded parmesan cheese (or more or less)
- 1 or 2 slices of whole grain bread
- salt and pepper to taste
- On one slice of bread, lay out the spinach, the sliced tomatoes, the sliced boiled egg, and then sprinkle on the cheese. Add salt and pepper
- Place it on a baking sheet and if you want a second slice of bread, place it on there as well. Set the oven to broil (about 500 degrees Fahrenheit) and broil it for about 3-5 minutes. Check on it periodically to make sure it doesn’t ever burn. You might want to flip the other slice of bread over halfway through so that both sides are browned.
That’s all there is to it. It’s such a simple recipe for a mouthful of deliciousness! Have it as a regular sandwich or as an open faced one. And I’m sorry if it doesn’t taste exactly like pizza, but anything with cheese and tomato is considered pizza, isn’t it?
If you like open faced sandwiches, check out this delicious Open Faced Egg and Spinach Sandwich that’s also on my blog.