World’s healthiest and easiest vegan cinnamon rolls just rolled up at your door!
October is usually my favorite month of the year. Crisp fall air and a house warmed by an oven that never stops baking. Bundling up for brisk evening walks and chasing after leaves scuttling away in the wind. That’s what fall is. That’s what October is supposed to be all about.
But let’s be real, for Californians and for all people living in locations that have been ravaged by the hurricanes, this October has been off to a rocky start.
With all of the wildfires raging across California, air quality has been less than ideal. This week our skies have been hazy and the air has been filled with smoke from over dozens of fires that’ve been burning miles and miles away from us. Wind has not been anyone’s friend thus far and brief footage of the blazes have been chilling. If you’re wondering how you can help all of these fire victims, you can click here for some ideas and then do what you can to help them. Prayers go out to everyone affected.
On a brighter note, since it is fall, I’ve been determined to keep my home smelling like cinnamon. What’s the best way to do this? Bake cinnamon rolls, of course. Duh. It also does a good job of fighting off the pungent smokey scent lingering in the air.
These healthy, vegan, and sugar free cinnamon rolls are oh so very delicious, especially since I spent two weekends baking up several batches that were only good enough to feed the garbage bin. Now I finally have the perfect recipe down for you. Made with almond flour, all purpose flour, date puree, almond milk, and cinnamon, these healthy little rolls will be sure to blow your taste buds away.
Moist Soft Sweet Sticky Nutritious … Just pop them in your mouths already! There’s no need to douse them in icing.
If you’d ever dreamt of refined sugar free, naturally sweetened with date puree, absolutely mouthwatering delicious cinnamon rolls, well, your dream just came true! Click here for the date puree recipe.
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1½ cups almond flour
- 6 Tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2¼ tsp instant yeast (1 packet)
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 1½ - 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 5-6 Tbsp date puree
- Heat the almond milk with 3 Tbsp of coconut oil at 20-30 second intervals until the coconut oil is completely melted. Let the mixture sit for several minutes so that the temperature is around 100-120 degrees Fahrenheit. Then add the instant yeast, give it a quick stir, and allow it to sit for 10 minutes to activate.
- Stir in the salt and a tablespoon of date puree.
- Slowly add the all purpose and almond flour to the mixture as you stir. If it becomes too difficult, knead it with your hands until all the flour is mixed in.
- Grease a large bowl with oil and then place the ball of dough into the bowl. Cover it with plastic wrap and allow it to sit for an hour in a warm place to rise. It should double in size.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a large rectangle. Melt 3 tablespoons of coconut oil and brush it onto the surface of the dough. Spread the rest of the date puree onto the dough so that it evenly covers the surface.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon evenly over the dough.
- Tightly roll the dough. Grease a baking dish. Slice the dough into about 1 - 1½ inch rolls and place them into the baking dish. Brush the tops of the rolls with the remaining coconut oil. Cover the baking dish of cinnamon rolls with plastic wrap.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and allow the rolls to rise as the oven preheats.
- Remove the plastic wrap and place the cinnamon rolls in the oven. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven, allow them to cool, and then chow down! Sugary glaze is not necessary unless you want to add it.
It’s almost the weekend! Then you can go home and whip up a batch of these delicious bad boys!
I hope that your weeks have been going well and that you’re still enjoying the month of Halloween, that is if you celebrate it. I’m looking forward to eating more cinnamon-y baked goods, taking a trip to my favorite pumpkin patch, decorating my parents’ house, and then Mark and I get to move into our condo at the end of this month! We just successfully purchased our first home; therefore, I’m oh so very very excited for when the big moment arrives.
Is there anything coming up that you guys are especially excited for? Feel free to share! 🙂
Stay happy and healthy, y’all! Good night!