I applaud local governments who have listened to public health officials and encouraged shelter-in-place rules as well as social distancing to prevent the spread of Covid-19 before it spreads uncontrollably within our communities. By doing this, we are protecting our most vulnerable populations, such as the elderly and immunocompromised, and preventing hospitals from becoming overburdened.
If you want to help out during this time, I’ve attached an infographic below on some things you can do.
During this pandemic, we’ve seen some people at their worst, hoarding everything they can get their hands on. But we’ve also seen a lot of considerate and helpful people out there, working hard and putting themselves at risk so that we can obtain our essentials and be safe!
Some positive things that people are doing:
- Writing and sending cards to the elderly and ill
- Donating to various organizations
- Being kind and supportive towards their neighbors
- Offering to grocery shop and pick up essentials for those who cannot
- Comcast offering free internet for students
- Schools providing free meals for families
Comment below on any other positive behaviors you’ve seen during this pandemic! Let’s spread some more positivity during this scary time in our lives!
As always, stay happy and healthy, y’all!