I’ve been super M.I.A, I know. I’m working on getting back into the groove of posting more again. Expect more posts to come soon.
Today I have these beautiful, snowy coconut flake-y bites to share with y’all. They’re perfect as a pre-workout snack, breakfast, post workout snack, or even recess snack. They’re naturally sweetened, beautiful, smooth, crunchy, and creamy. I have to stop myself from devouring 10 of them. Portion control can be so difficult sometimes! #Firstworldproblems
- 2 large mashed bananas
- ½ cup all natural peanut butter (unsalted)
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup pecans (chopped)
- ¾ cup coconut flakes
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- In a bowl, mash the bananas and peanut butter together.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the bowl except for the coconut flakes. Only add ¼ cup of coconut flakes into the bowl. Mix all of the ingredients together.
- Take about a tablespoon sized scoop and roll it into a ball, then roll the ball into the remaining coconut flakes so that it's nice and coated. Repeat this step for rest of the mixture.
- Chill the bites in the fridge and then eat WHENEVER
Every bite of these protein packed nutty bites will leave you filled with absolute bliss. My dear mom has taken to rolling these up almost every week now. She’s a pro.
On a separate side note and what may be on many people’s minds are all of the natural disasters that have occurred over the past several weeks. Hurricanes, earthquakes, wildfires, and floods seem to be wreaking havoc all over the world. Hurricanes especially. Many people’s homes have been destroyed, which means that they don’t really have kitchens to roll up any of these incredible bites, which also means that we should try to do something to help them.
The Kitchen Gent wrote a post on how we can maximize relief sent to Hurricane Harvey victims. The same ideas could apply to providing relief to Hurricane Irma’s victims.
Let’s help these people so they can get home, rebuild their lives, and cook up whatever they want in their kitchens.
Stay happy, healthy, and generous y’all! I am currently snacking on some of these bites. They are so filling, satisfying, and delicious.