For those of you who love potato wedges, I’ve got something almost just as good and perhaps even healthier! Zucchini Parmesan Wedges! This post will be short and sweet seeing as I will be leaving for a bike ride in a few minutes: 22 miles to Morgan Hill and then 22 miles back. Let’s see if I can keep with Mark.
Today all you need are some zucchinis, garlic salt, garlic powder, parmesan cheese, and a few other seasonings. I love this side dish because of its simplicity and health factors. Zucchinis are naturally low carb and low calorie vegetables. They’re somewhat fibrous and contain some antioxidants, potassium, and folate. They don’t have nearly as much vitamins as other fruits and veggies, but they’re still extremely healthy and are great foods for people who have a high blood pressure or cholesterol. Eat up!
- 4 zucchinis
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- pinch of pepper
Preheat oven to 4oo degrees Fahrenheit
- Slice zucchinis into wedges like pictured above. Each zucchini will be sliced into fours. Put the zucchinis in a big bowl and drizzle olive oil over them. Make sure all of the zucchinis are evenly coated.
- In a small bowl, mix all of the seasoning together (garlic powder, garlic salt, dried oregano, dried thyme, pepper). Pour the seasoning over the zucchinis and mix them with your hands. Make sure the the zucchinis are evenly coated with the seasoning.
- Lay the zucchinis out onto a baking tray with foil as pictured above and sprinkle the parmesan cheese over them. If you lay them closely side by side, less cheese will end up on the foil. Bake the zucchini at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes and then broil them at 500 degrees Fahrenheit for another 5-8 minutes (intermittently check on the zucchinis when they’re broiling to make sure they don’t burn).
- Final step is to take them out, lay them on a plate, and serve them!
It’s the perfect afternoon snack for your kids and hardly takes any time to whip up at all. If anything, you can have them help you prepare it since it is so incredibly simple! Happy Sunday! Stay healthy and happy, y’all 🙂